Engineering | Longhua, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Salary Range:300,000 - 600,000 RMB
We are not a 996 company.
Instrumental uses artificial intelligence to improve assembly lines for hardware companies around the world. Our many happy customers use Instrumental to do things like this:
- increase yields (the percent of goods that pass inspection)
- decrease dark yield (the escape of goods that should have failed inspection)
- trace everything (to narrowly scope recalls to only those goods affected by an issue)
We are asking you to join our team in Shenzhen and develop the software that will capture this big market.
- Design and implement software that will run on the world’s largest manufacturing lines.
- Integrate with new data sources, hardware components, and Manufacturing Execution Systems.
- Deploy fast -- the software you write on Monday will be executing in mass production by Friday.
- Write high quality, testable code.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Collaborate with our multinational, distributed engineering and operations teams.
- Fluency in English (CET >6 or TOEFL >80) – spoken, written, and reading
- Ability to work in Mandarin, spoken and written
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with web APIs (REST, SOAP, GraphQL)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP application layer (DNS, HTTP/S, FTP)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience working with Docker
- Knowledge of SMB, CIFS, NFS, or similar protocols
- Knowledge of computer networking and other TCP/IP layers
- Experience with device communication protocols (USB, I2C/SPI, UART, RS232, etc.)